All conferences, banquets and wedding functions booked at the hotel by the client are subject to written acceptance by the hotel and are made upon the following terms and conditions.
- The client will advise the hotel of the number of persons attending the function upon payment of the function deposit. The County Hotel operates a minimum numbers policy which allows for a maximum 10% reduction in numbers from that given at the time of paying the function deposit. Final numbers of persons are required at least three full working days prior to the function. Catering and charging will be based on such numbers notwithstanding that the number of attendees may be less. If more than the guaranteed number attend the function the client will be charged according to the total number attending, but the hotel cannot be responsible to a number in excess of 10% above the guaranteed minimum number.
- If any dispute arises as to the number of those who attend the function the hotel shall determine the number and such determination will be final and binding to the parties
- Where the booking includes bedroom accommodation the full rooming list is required not less than 14 days prior to the date of arrival.
The client shall provide on request by the hotel, all such information which is available in relation to the function as may be necessary to enable the hotel to make a fully informed assessment of its obligations to provide the services.
The client agrees that the hotel may accept any verbal amendments to the arrangements given during the course of the function or its preparation, by the client, or by anyone acting or purporting to act on the clients behalf, and the client and the clients agree to pay for any additional service so provided.
- Account facilities will only be granted to companies which have established credit facilities in advance.
- Any function for which advance payment is overdue by more than 7 days may be cancelled by the hotel and the cancellation fees detailed in clause 8 will become payable immediately.
- If there are any queries on any part of an invoice, the client will pay the undisputed balance of the sum owing on the date due and the remainder on resolution of the query.
- The hotel reserves the right to withdraw credit facilities at any time without notice.
- The company reserves the right up to 8 days before the function to request payment of a deposit at any time prior to the date of function the amount of which shall be determined by the company. Should the client fail to pay such a deposit within 7 days of being requested to do so, the hotel may take the booking as being cancelled by the client.
- Any complaint arising out of the function must be made in writing to the company within 7 days of the function. The company will not give consideration to such complaints unless received in such a manner and within such time limit and thereafter be entitled to claim full sum due from the customer in respect of the function.
Client’s use of the Hotel
- The client and persons attending the hotel shall
- comply with all licensing, health and safety and other regulations relating to the hotel.
- not carry out electrical or other works at the hotel including amplification and lighting without the hotel’s prior written consent.
- not bring any dangerous or hazardous items into the hotel.
- not act in any improper or disorderly manner, leave promptly at the appropriate time and comply with any reasonable requests made by the hotel’s employees.
- not bring or allow to be brought liquor from outside the hotel for consumption during a function at the hotel.
- not consume any food or drink in the hotel not supplied by the hotel or its authorised caterers without the hotel’s prior written consent.
- not use any smoke machines or strobe lighting equipment at any time whether provided by the hotel or any outside party. All equipment other than that provided by the hotel must have been checked by a qualified electrician within the last 12 months. Noise amplification at any event must not exceed 80 decibels at any time.
- switch off any sound equipment at the specified time or sooner if requested by the management of the hotel.
- any person or item in breach of these conditions may be refused admission to or be removed from the hotel.
Cancellation by the Hotel
- The hotel may cancel the bookings under the following circumstances
- if the hotel or any part of it is closed due to circumstances outside its control.
- if the client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- if the client is more than 14 days in arrears with any payments to the hotel.
- to avoid a breach of these conditions.
- if it might prejudice the reputation of or cause damage to the hotel. If in such an event the hotel will refund any advance payments except the initial deposit made but will have no further liability to the client.
Cancellation by the Client
- If the client cancels a reservation(s) the hotel reserves the right to claim the following sums, unless a booking is obtained for the same date(s) from a third party on no less favourable terms. All deposits received prior to cancellation are non-refundable.
- cancellation 12 months in advance – deposit forfeited.
- cancellation between 12 and 9 months in advance – 85% of total estimated charges.
- cancellation between 9 and 3 months in advance – 95% of total estimated charges.
- cancellation between 3 months and 30 days in advance – 100% of total estimated charges.
- cancellations less than 30 days in advance – 100% of total estimated charges plus an additional 5% cancellation charge.
In all instances notification of cancellation must be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by the hotel.
- The hotel will be liable to the client and or persons attending the function for injury to persons or loss or damage to property only where and to the extent that it has been negligent but otherwise be under no liability to them whatsoever.
- The client will be liable for any loss or damage to the hotel’s property including walls, light fittings and equipment (including items hired for their use) or injury to any person including the hotel staff and shall indemnify the hotel against any loss of liability (other than the hotel’s liability in (i) above rising from the function).
- The client is advised to consider arranging insurance for the function covering public liability and loss or damage to it’s property and that of persons attending the function.
- The full cost of repairing or replacing the hotel’s property as a result of damage or breakage or removal of the hotel’s property will be charged to the client, whether this was caused directly by the client or by a subcontractor working on the client’s behalf.
- The owners and managers of the hotel shall not be liable for any claim for personal injuries (including death) to any person employed by the client, the hirer of the banqueting areas nor any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which may attribute to any property belonging to the owners and managers of the hotel or third parties on, in or upon banqueting areas or which may rise out of or in consequence of any activities or operations whatsoever carried on by the client the hirer in and upon the banqueting area not for any claim, demands, proceedings, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever in respect thereof or in relation thereto excepting any claims which may arise as a result of the negligence of the owners and managers of the hotel or their representatives. It shall be the sole responsibility of the client to effect what insurance or insurances they think fit in respect of the employment of any performer, entertainer or otherwise and such equipment as required during the occupation of the banqueting areas.
- The hotel will take all responsible steps to fulfil the reservations to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least an equivalent standard at no additional cost to the client and the client shall have no claim in respect of such alternative services.
- This contract is non assignable by the client and shall be governed in all respects by English law.
- The hotel reserves the right to pass on to the client any additional costs incurred by them for goods and services requested during the course of the function or caused by the client not adhering to the agreed times for services.
- Whilst the company has taken all reasonable steps that the information contained in its brochures, tariffs, leaflets and advertisements are accurate it reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facility or amenity without notice if necessary.
- No variation of these conditions shall be effective unless in writing and signed on behalf of the hotel and the client.
- The level of noise, especially that produced by sound equipment, must be kept to a reasonable volume. The hotel’s determination as to “reasonable volume” will be approved by the Local Authority.
- If you need to cancel a room at the hotel, please provide 48 hours notice prior to check in date.